This neodymium magnet is purpose-made for replacing the weak magnet in certain model electric loco motors, such as Hornby Dublo 3-track (possibly other models too, eg Triang X03 & X04).
For a Bo-Bo loco, and possibly other models, use one of my D8x8mm magnets + steel spacing washers. I am likely to have a magnet suitable to rejuvenate most locos.
The original loco magnets were far weaker "ferrite" magnets, which grew even weaker over time, until the loco became unusable. Re-magnetising them had limited success. Neodymium magnets are the perfect solution. They are 10 times stronger than the originals, and don't weaken over time. They make a loco run fantastically, better than brand new! Replacement is simple, by removing a few screws.
Size: 12.7mm x 9.5mm x 13.34mm rectangular block with a 2.4mm diameter mounting hole which is drilled through to the poles on the smallest faces
Quantity: 1 (Packs of 4 also available)
Grade: N45 Neodymium
Pole location: Poles on flat faces
Pull/Push: Over 6kg when pulling directly to each other or a steel plate.
- About 10 times more pull than the traditional, grey, ferrite type
- This type of magnet never weakens with age
- Triple plated for durability: Ni/Cu/Ni
Other Potential Uses:
- Holders, eg for tools
- School or University science projects
- Clamp components while adhesive cures
- Not for kids! Two or more, if swallowed, can lethally puncture gut tissue.
- They can pinch skin and cut clothing.
- The material is brittle. It can chip or break during collisions. Eye protection advised.
- For credit cards, pacemakers etc, keep at a distance where the field is negligible.
- Dangerousmagnets is your helpful & reputable source for amazingly strong Neodymium Magnets. (Also called Rare Earth Magnets.)
- Genuine NZ trader in Auckland, trading with scrupulous honesty, specialising in Neodymium Magnets since 2009.
- Unequalled 5000+ positive feedback for magnet sales in Trademe.
- Over 45 sizes.
- I don't sell China's cheapest neodymium magnets. I have found them substandard and with fake "certification".
- Qualified mechatronics engineer with practical experience.
- I am happy to help you find the best solution for your application.
- Visits welcome by appointment. Bring your application to investigate solutions.
- You're welcome to change your order to 2 half-packs &/or add half-packs. Just ask by email.
- Combine shipping.
- Quantity discounts. Please ask by email.
- Send purchase orders to email@example.com